- We celebrate the incalculable value to society of museums and their collections.
- We recognise that the duty of museums is to enable everyone to learn about the human and natural worlds.
- We support the concept of social justice – we believe that the whole of the public is entitled to benefit from access to the resources museums contain and the ideas they provoke.
- We acknowledge that many museums have for many years failed to operate for the wider public benefit, and instead have catered primarily for educated minorities. We reject this approach.
- We pledge to lead the fight for access to museums for all – this is
the essence of social justice.